Thursday, October 26, 2006

Damn you, Rhett Miller

Why is Rhett Miller trying to sell me baby back ribs with barbecue sauce? Why can't he be above that? Spoon tries to get me to see really interesting looking movies, why can't Rhett?

I really want to walk without crutches. This is really boring and frustrating. I went in for an MRI today. That was horribly uncomfortable. My problem is that my leg won't straighten out all the way and it doesn't really bend all that much so I can't put much weight on it without some serious pain. For the MRI, my leg was forcibly straightened and placed in this immobilizing contraption for about an hour. At some point it felt like someone was trying to slowly pull my leg off. It sucked. The bright side is that I should know what's wrong with my leg before lunch on Monday.

Just glancing at the Top-25 polls, it seems odd to me that Notre Dame is ranked higher than Boston College, Wisconsin, Arkansas, and California. They haven't really beaten anyone that's any good. Wisconsin really hasn't either though, neither has Cal for that matter, but still, they've both looked better than Notre Dame. Arkansas beat Auburn at Auburn. That seems like a big deal if one discounts the fact that Auburn is horrible overrated.

A decent SEC team will always be overrated. A decent Big-XII team will always be underrated as will a decent Pac-10 team. Big Ten teams are usually slightly overrated. How else can you explain a conference that has the top-2 teams and the number 17 team, but nobody else even close to decent.

The Big XII owns the bottom fourth of the AP poll with the teams ranked 19, 20, 22, and 23, along with number 5.

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. I just saw that Chili's commercial for the first time last night. That scream you heard? That was my heart breaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home