Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Good Day

Hopefully the Hawks will get the second pick in the draft and the Spurs will beat the Jazz to make the day a complete sweep of goodness.

I got a call from the Juvenile Probation Commission telling me that they want to do a reference check and a criminal background check, which I assume indicates that I'm a finalist for the position for which I interviewed with them. Even better, I got a call from the head of the State Fiscal Policy Project at the CBPP today to set up a phone call tomorrow. It may mean a move to DC, but it is absulutely the perfect position for me and I'd be incredibly happy if I got it. After the calls we went to look at new Civic Coupes and they are really awesome cars. I want one. We decided that if I get the CBPP job we'll sell my Civic and stick with the xB and if I end up with the Probation Commission job that I'll get a new Civic. So, I'll be a winner either way.

Here is the job description for the CBPP just so you, dear reader, can know how perfect it would be for me.

The research associate will work as part of the State Fiscal Project which focuses on issues such as the fairness and adequacy of state revenue systems and the interactions of federal and state fiscal policies. The Project also provides assistance to a growing and increasingly influential network of non-profit policy organizations across the country.
The position involves maintaining and analyzing data, translating technical research findings into non-technical products that can be understood by broader audiences, preparing graphic presentations of findings, analyzing pending policy options, and utilizing academic research and other resource materials. The research associate assists in preparing major reports and analyses and providing information to policymakers, state and local advocates, and the press.

Candidates must have strong quantitative skills and a basic knowledge of economics and public finance. The position also requires facility with spreadsheets and working with large data sets. Applicants must demonstrate strong writing skills, a penchant for accuracy, and the ability to work on multiple tasks, often on a time-sensitive basis. A masters degree in public policy or economics is preferred, although we will consider candidates with a bachelors degree who have at least two years of relevant work experience.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Administrator said...

Sorry about the Hawks.

But the Spurs look basically unbeatable at this point, so that should make up for any draft lottery disappointment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home