Thursday, February 12, 2004

So, if Robert Reich is my hero, and he is, and he's supporting John Kerry, which he seems to be doing, does that mean I shouldn't be as apprehensive about this surge in Kerry momentum? Kerry is fine and good. He's certainly better than Bush. He just lacks passion and energy. He doesn't have the presence. John Edwards has that. He also has a message that seems to be in line with my personal philosophy. Whoever gets the nomination has a responsibility to say address some issues that my former Governor Clinton never quite sufficiently tackled. I'm still waiting for increased funding for public transportation and job training. I'd also like to see some legislation requiring the broadening of advertising job postings. Companies are more comfortable and more confident with the workers that they can find in the suburbs so they don't bother advertising job openings in newspapers that primarily serve the lower SES inner city. Give me public transportation and better access to jobs, and I'll give as much money and time as I need to help get you elected. Also, I am not interested in emails telling me how to get sex with older women. I don't know what list I'm on, but I'd like to get off of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home