Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A little release

I finished up my second round of edits on the project today and went bowling. I did pretty well for myself. I went 152, 124, and 160. My all-time best is 163. I got my second and third best scores of my life tonight. That's something.

I was confronted about not liking Wisconsin tonight. Confronted is such a stupid word for, "I didn't realize that you hate Wisconsin so much." Well, I do. I hate it in a very big way. I don't have to like it. I've put in my two years and then I'll leave. The problem that I've been having lately is that I have this incredibly strong desire to not do anything that has to do with policy. It's the same issue I had last year when the associate director talked me out of leaving the program. I just don't really enjoy doing this stuff. I think I'm pretty good at it, but I'd much rather own a restaurant, or retire or something like that. Maybe I'll be able to make a career out of this stuff. I'm certainly going to give it a shot. I've been in this sort of third or quarter life crisis for a while now. I didn't want to be making sandwiches anymore, but I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do. I settled on this, although I couldn't tell you how that happened. But here I am. I just don't know what to do with myself. Any suggestions or jobs available, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home