Friday, November 03, 2006

I walked

The past few days have been exciting. I found out on Monday that nothing in my knee is torn, which is good. Unfortunately I also found out that there is fluid in my knee which is causing the pain and stiffness. A 28-year old shouldn't have fluid in his knee unless something is torn, say if I had bursitis. I had to go to a lab and lose some blood to see if we can figure out what's going on. On Wednesday I went to the grocery store with Mrs. LaBlog. That was the first time in nearly a month that I had been able to be on my feet for an extended period of time. I was on crutches, but it still counts. Today I went in for my first time of physical therapy. I've got some exercises to do at home, one of which utilizes a big latex strip. Now I'm able to walk with only one crutch. That's progress. The range of motion in my left knee is now two-thirds that of my right knee. That's also progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home