Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Magic Telephone

The phone call happened and went well. It lasted a mere 45 minutes. I'm hoping to talk with someone else there next week and then possibly go if for an in-person interview sometime after that. I'm nice so maybe they'll like me.

One thing about interviews is that they often ask about what in one's life made them choose this life path and what fuels the interest in a particular job. I have two moments in my life that I always think of. One is of my dad complaining about our church trying to spend money on making the upstairs nicer by saying something along the lines of, "until their are no homeless people in Northwest Arkansas, we, as a church, have no business spending money on improving our facilities." The other thing that I think of is a situation in my gifted and talented class in which we had to design and build an architecture model. I chose to design a homeless shelter that looked like a hotel. I also remember arguing that we shouldn't spend money on space travel because the money would be better spent on taking care of homeless people. That's not a popular argument for nine year olds. Now you know something about where I got some of my interests and values.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home