Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blackout Summer - Christmas Island

I've listened to this album entirely too many times. There's a song about dinosaurs. It's awesome.

I haven't posted to this thing in just over two years and I'm not entirely sure why I am compelled to now. Clearly one reason is that the current state budget crisis hit home today and I need a place to vent. My division is currently not included in the base budget. In other words, at this time it is reasonable to expect that I will be in need of a job on September 1, 2011. At the same time, Mrs. LaBlog's job is also in danger. That lends itself to unease. If we didn't own a house, I wouldn't be worried. It would just be the potential for an adventure in a new place, but the house mucks that up. Not that I don't like my house. I love my house. I love my little prairie. If I didn't have my house, I would miss my little prairie.

Happy Confederate Heroes' Day! I hope everybody was just a little racist and committed just a touch of treason today. It's your duty.

I wonder what kind of academic programming the new UT network will offer.

Texas 81
Texas A&M 60

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home