Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Strategery

My first graduate school exam is in less than 18 hours and how did I spend tonight preparing? I went to a rock show. I recommend that everyone do it this way. If there's a curve, we should all be stupid. I went and saw the M's and the Natural History at Catacombs. Now, maybe this is just a rude midwestern thing, but nobody stood up, other than my wife and I, until the Natural History asked them to. I've never been to a show like that. It was ridiculous and rude. It's just common courtesy to stand up for a rock band. Also, Catacombs is some sort of freaky vegetarian coffee shop. I like to say that I don't trust vegetarians, but I have good friends who are vegetarians so I'll lighten up on the rhetoric. What I will say is that I don't care about animal rights. I care about animal rights insomuch as I want them to be treated in such a way that the meat is safest. I'm much more concerned about how the farmers, especially poultry farmers, are treated by agribusiness. Anyway, I felt very out of place, which is pretty much par for the Madison course. Madison just isn't a cool town. It's a good place to go to school, but I'm looking forward to spending some time in Austin over winter break. It'd be nice if there were jobs for people like me there. There aren't though. I still hold out hopes for a consulting firm with Kevin. That's my dream job. Working to reshape the Democratic party in a meaningful way. Back on point, don't study for hard tests. Go to rock shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home