Sunday, December 19, 2004

Working Hard, or Hardly Working?

I've got one test left of my first semester of graduate school. I want it over, but I find it hard to motivate myself to study when my wife is in the other room watching one of her Doris Day movies that she loves so much. But, economics is a pretty interesting subject and if I want to do social policy analysis, I'm going to need to have a pretty good understanding of economic theory. I've thus far rejected offers of studying with other people, smart people, on the basis that I don't want to leave my house when it's below 15 degrees out. Eight seems significantly cold to stay inside. Perhaps I've beaten this to death, but I'm from the south. We're a people unused to the extreme cold. A hot summer, that we can handle. I spent the hottest week in the history of Austin with a broken airconditioner. That was the summer where everyday we set a new record for the hottest day ever in Austin, ending with a high of 117. But, eight degrees is entirely too damn cold.

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger tortcaesar said...

congrats on finishing the semester to my fellow 1st-year LF blogger! Yes, the calculator situation worked out fine, thanks for asking. Enjoy the warm weather in Texas. I'll be freezing my ass off up here, when I am allowed to leave the house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home