Saturday, March 26, 2005

Perfection

I don't mean to brag, but the black beans that I made last night were the best black beans that I have ever had in my life. I add a whole pasilla, guajillo, or ancho, to the cooking beans. Usually, one pepper is good for half a pound of beans. It seems uncommon to add the pepper to the beans like that, but it makes them taste very nice. Also, cooking them in the crockpot is really nice. They come out really well with the slow cooking. Two hours on high, and then four to six hours on low. I like to add a bit of salt, oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, onion flakes and a touch of lime. There's a good Stubb's meat rub that is chili lime that makes a nice touch. There, I'm giving away the whole of my recipe. I guess not the specific measurements though. The beans served as a nice side dish for some ground turkey tacos. Cook ground turkey in a combination of pineapple juice, rum, and lime juice. Heat up some corn tortillas and top with diced onion and cilantro. Add a little fresh key lime juice and you've got a nice meal.

That's all for my cooking installment today.

UPDATE: Actually, I do mean to brag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home