Friday, April 29, 2005

A brilliant turn of events

So, scroll down the page and you'll notice something of a rant regarding the upcoming Spoon show here in Madison. While I do still believe that contest-winner only concerts are horrible things that may deprive the diehard fans who suffer from bad luck, I will not be a victim of bad luck this time. In fact, it looks like I've managed to turn myself into a small scale ticket broker for this event. As of now, I believe that I have four tickets and there's a better than average chance that I've got another couple coming my way directly from the band. I might email their booking agent and let him or her know that I no longer need those tickets that were being made available. Life is good when you are the king. And for anyone who doesn't know the glory of Spoon, if forced to choose between all of my Kinks, Beatles, Velvet Underground, Pavement, and Spoon albums, I would get rid of all of the others just to keep the Spoon. And from what I've heard, the new album, which comes out May 10 in the US, is as good as the others and may be their best yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home