Friday, February 24, 2006

Le Tigre - Feminist Sweepstakes

I really don't like Le Tigre. It's not the music that I have a problem with, it's that Kathleen Hanna may be the most annoying person in the world. I'm just listening to this record to get it over with. There's no pleasure involved today.

I'm going to say again that I love Tex Tubbs' Taco Palace over on Atwood, by the Barrymore. It is a really nice approximation of Tex-Mex. It's very similar to Chuy's. It has the National Beer of Texas in limited supply. Tex's seems to be the only place in town that has good refried beans. The other places in town have horrible beans. I don't understand how that's possible. The stuff in the can at the grocery store is better than the shit they serve in the restaurants.

While we were dining and drinking, mostly drinking, we decided that the meal and beer making us so happy was a good sign that we need to move back to Austin. Later in the conversation, we decided that we could be successful with a Texas style barbecue restaurant, a la Ruby's. We have some money accumulated and the owner of Underground Textbooks has offered to invest in any business that Meredith and I decide to start up here. That's tempting since my actual goal in life is to own a restaurant or bar. I think that we could be successful over in that same Atwood neighborhood. It's really close to Willie St. We'll probably never know.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Didn't Kathleen Hanna use to sing with Bikini Kill or something like that?

Oh well, I can't listen to anything named Le Tigre because it reminds me of the no name knockoff brand of clothing my Mom bought me to wear when I was a child. All my rich friends had Polo horsies and Izod gators on their shirts, and I had the lame tiger that let everyone know we were poor. Why do bad things happen to good people?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home