Sunday, February 19, 2006

Tom T. Hall - For the People in the Last Hard Town

From what I can tell, Tom T. Hall is one of the great Country and Western songwriters of the 60's and 70's. His songs sound like a strange combination of Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Neil Diamond. The difference is that he's not a great a singer. It sounds okay though. I would recommend listening to it.

It's less cold today. I think it may be in the teens. I got a phone call from my parents that they had 5 inches of snow in Fayetteville, so of course the town has shut down. We're making a strange coke and ketchup barbecue chicken dish tonight. My mom says it's good, and I trust her. You mix a can of coke and a cup of ketchup and then cook it over chicken for 40 minutes. It'll be interesting.

The all-star game is today. I'd forgotten about that.

The winter olympics sure are boring.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

I've tried a Coke minus the ketchup on baked ham before and it's actually pretty good.

There is nothing more white trash delicious than Little Smokies or mini meatballs soaked in a concoction of grape jelly and chili sauce. All my kinfolk love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home