Saturday, February 18, 2006

Johnny Cash - Town Hall Party, 1959

I applied for a job today. I sent the application in to the Legislative Budget Board. There's an application for state employment, a cover letter, and my resume. It's all in the mail. I wonder if they are going to request my transcript. I guess they'll let me know.

It's really cold.

I enjoy going to Indie Coffee. I think Indie Coffee and Underground Books should work out some cross-promotional deals. If you come visit me, I'll take you out for waffles and coffee.

I ran into Mary Woodward yesterday. She's the career development person at my school. She was trying to decide what kind of cereal to get. I hope that Smart Start was a good choice.

It's important to know that you never know who you are sitting next to. At dinner last night, a couple was sitting next to us at Maharaja and they were talking kind of loudly. I could tell that they were talking about policy related things, but I couldn't tell if the guy worked for the state or if he was a student. Then he spoke of a brown bag lunch discussion and a career day. I began to think he must be a first year. Then, he spoke of Peter, a second year who is focusing on Energy and Environmental Policy. It was at this point that I decided to interrupt to introduce myself as a second year and friend of Peter. He was being complimentary. But, it was interesting to meet one of our new folks. They are apparently much more competitive than my class. From my experience they are also much pushier in class. They love to ask questions.

It's incredibly cold.

It's not that I'm having a bad hair day. It would be incredibly generous to describe the state of my hair as somehow an abberation is crazy. I've got clown hair. It's that bad. It's getting cut on Tuesday. I had to give in and quit waiting on my guy to recover from his broken leg. This stuff needs to be cut.

Erin is powerful.

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, buddy. s'nice to hear. EKG.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home