Monday, February 13, 2006

Reindeer Section - Y'all Get Scared Now, Ya Hear!

I am making an earnest attempt to write some discussion questions for my class on Thursday. It's going okay. The article that I read is somewhat interesting. It's the study of a program designed to increase savings by offering tax filers matching funds if they invested in a 401(k). The authors are surprised that not many people do. I'm surprised that in a study of investment behavior that takes place in and around St. Louis, MO, the authors didn't include any race variables. Whether they turn out to be significant or not, any study of this nature in an area with such a horrible reputation for race relations, is begging for race interaction variables.

I made lime-aid and iced tea. I'm trying to convince myself that it's not winter and I'm not in the midwest.

I'm nervous that neither Caesar nor myself has the time, energy, or desire, to produce a high quality paper at the end of the semester. We're both smart and we both do good work, so I think it will turn out fine. I just hope that I can make things easier on the 1L.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Administrator said...

I made hot tea in an attempt to convince myself that it's winter here. The weather sort of cooperated: it is currently 52 degrees.

I'm writing a paper comparing the six-factor jurisdiction test in the Class Action Fairness Act with the twelve-factor test that applies in cases of Colorado River Abstention. Put your pants back on, man. I know it's exciting and sexy, but try to show some restraint.

The tea I'm drinking is not real tea (it's Celestial Seasonings), but it's supposed to keep me up without caffine. It's menthol-y. It feels like the tingly Head and Shoulders shampoo we used to have, but it tastes better.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Editor said...

I am continuing my delusion by drinking Dos Equis. It's over 20 degrees so I think I may be accomplishing something.

My pants were never on in the first place.

I'm applying for jobs. It's awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home