Friday, February 10, 2006

Alabama - Feels so Right

For the second consecutive day, I am listening to a record that reminds me of being a whee lad in Fayetteville, AR. My sister and I used to run around the living room pretending to be a train when we would listen to this particular record. It was always fun. I still get excited whenever I hear Alabama. I'm upset that I didn't go see them when they last played here. I didn't realize that it was the last chance that I'd get to see them. I guess the 3 times will have to do.

I'm kind of frustrated that my best good friend is going through one of those significant life events and I am 1,200 miles away. I like to be around for these things.

I didn't go to the Vintage last night and I regret it. Not only did I miss an event organized by one of my favorite classmates, I missed fried macaroni and cheese. Meredith says that it's spectacular.

I feel strange for really enjoying my book about modern statistics, but it is great. Everyone who is interested in statistics should read, "The Lady Tasting Tea."

Today is going pretty well, except for the incident in which I poured cream into my water instead of into my coffee.

The weatherman was very poetic last night. "Tomorrow the sky will be gray and the ground will be white."

I love "Ride the Train."

Rob Cordry is shit as an interviewer.

Fox is disrespecting Arrested Development with this bullshit sendoff. They can't make a profit off of one of the most critically praised shows on tv so they air its final four episodes opposite of the Olympics Opening Ceremonies. That's real classy. Now I feel compelled to watch tv on a Friday night.

Meredith is concerned that we won't end up in Austin. I am too, but all that I can do is apply for jobs and hope that somebody hires me. When you're a kid, you always imagine that when you're an adult, you'll get to pick where you live. Then, you become an adult and realize that you have to go to where the jobs are. Hopefully there are jobs in Austin. My program is considered equivalent or slightly better than the program in Austin, so maybe that will help me out.

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Austin firm is not returning my phone calls. This makes me think I am probably Houston bound. We'll see. I'm making a special trip into Houston tomorrow (from Sugar Land) just for Dunkin Donuts coffee.

The only Alabama I know is the one about playing in Texas and needing a fiddle. I like that one.

KC

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Editor said...

I like most Alabama songs, but "If you're gonna play in Texas...you've gotta have a fiddle in the band," is one of my personal favorites.

I'm looking at Houston and San Antonio jobs. I could live like a king in SA or like a pauper in Houston. Austin is still the objective. Meredith doesn't want me to look for jobs in Dallas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home