Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sorry

If you followed my recommendation and went to see the M's at Memorial Union last night, I am sorry. The first band sounded like Neil Diamond and was good for 3 or 4 songs, but from then on they just got more and more boring and more and more annoying. And when I say that they sounded like Neil Diamond, I mean that the singer's voice was dead on and the style of music was very early rock n roll. The highlight was this little handicap fella who danced around, mostly bouncing up and down, and yelled during the first band's set. The M's came on and their first song sounded really good. From then on, they sounded like they'd never played together before. It was just off. They sounded bad. The lead lines were sloppy and bad. The M's are a timing band. When they have no timing, they are no good. They also had a little attitude to them. They played in the dining area of the union. There was basically no room to stand, so people sat. The band whined about it. I agree that sitting isn't so cool, but the band never earned people standing up. The only time that I stood up was to leave during the 5th or 6th song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home