Monday, May 01, 2006

Good Stuff

I really want Mrs. LaBlog to get a Honda Fit. We both want our second car to be a hatchback, but we were lamenting that Honda doesn't make a decent hatchback, except now they do. The Fit is small, yet spacious. The engine isn't quite as strong as the one in our Civic, but those V-Tech engines have plenty pep for highway driving.

We got a wedding invitation today. It's a formal wedding in mid-June in San Antonio. I can't say that I'm excited about that. Hopefully we'll be living down there by then. If not, then I'll get to ride a train twice in one summer. I guess it would actually be four times in one summer. And yes, my fear of flying is absolutely rational.

I liked the Titans anyway, but the drafting of Vince Young may make them my favorite team. I make no secret that I was hoping for the Broncos to trade up to draft him, but that clearly didn't happen. I'm happy with how the Titans drafted. Buffalo on the other hand, is a joke. They drafted a second or third round safety with the eighth pick and then a third or fourth round defensive tackle later in the first round. Marv Levy had a good coaching career, but he has no business as a general manager. He never made the personnel decisions when he was coaching and now we know why.

There are very few jobs in Austin right now. I hope to get one of them. There has to be some benefit to being a good student at a respected program.

1 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Administrator said...

I like the Fit a lot. I'm thinking I might get one as my commuting vehicle since Big Red is pretty inefficient from a person transporting perspective. I just need to see if I can actually fit into the Fit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home