Saturday, June 03, 2006

Uh oh

I am as enamored with the Honda Fit today as I was with the Mini Cooper 3 or 4 years ago. Anyone who knew me at the point in time knows that I seriously considered purchasing a Mini even though my car was only a year old. The Fit is less expensive and more practical for me. That's a problem. There's a good chance that we buy Mrs. LaBlog a Scion when we get to Austin and sometime after that, once the Fit craze has died down, purchase a Fit Sport for me. It's much more likely that we buy the Scion and then several years down the road I may be allowed to get a new car.

I want to point out that the Mini now holds some mythical place in my mind. It's the car that I'll always want, yet somehow never get. That is, unless any friends or family members decide to buy me one. My birthday is in a few months.

I overheard a lady refer to people who drive manual transmission automobiles as stupid. I think people who drive automatics are cowards who lack a passion for driving. They don't want to drive, they merely want to get from place to place quickly. There's no honor in that.

I will be taking the train to San Antonio soon. This will be my second train trip in a few weeks. The wife will go with me this time which should make it more fun. We're both looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home