Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A home of our own

I believe I accomplished finding an apartment today. I cheated and just went to the place where we lived before moving to Wisconsin. They will have a first floor apartment available when we want to move. It will be a bit of a change from our nearly perfect apartment. The bedroom will be much bigger with a huge walk-in closet. We will have one less bedroom though, so I'm not sure what we do with all of the crap in the study. The living room will be considerably smaller. Our current living room is, perhaps, the perfect apartment living room. It is huge, has big windows, and hardwood floors. The new one will be much smaller and have smaller windows. The kitchen will be slightly smaller, but it will have a dishwasher which Mrs. LaBlog covets. It will also have a new fridge and a new oven. We won't have the really nice basement, because there really aren't basements in central Texas. Something about limestone. We'll rent a storage space for our extra stuff. I think the plan is to get a 9 month lease starting July 1 and then buying a house sometime at the end of that lease.

I still don't have much of a voice, but I've used this sickening stuff called Singer's Saving Grace which seems to be helping with the pain. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. I need to give out resumes and cover letters and I need to be able to answer questions. Hopefully someone asks some questions.

Word offered me some shifts if I need them. He's so kind.

I wish that Mrs. LaBlog were riding the train to Chicago with me. I miss her.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound better. take care of yourself and you'll be fine. i would love to ride the train with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home