Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I've got your update right here

So, perhaps I don't keep up with this thing enough. My bad. Has anyone seen the Eminem video "Mosh"? That thing is intense. It's intensely anti-Bush and pro-voting. I don't think much of Eminem, but it's nice to see him encouraging people to vote. The video is at mtv.com somewhere.

I think that I might be getting too lazy for grad school. I turned in an awful paper because I hate a class and then I barely study for my econ exam. Maybe I should try. No, definitely I should try. When I was a whee lad, my dad would make me look him in the eye and tell him whether or not I did my best. I'm afraid that my answer may be 'not quite.'

I wonder if Jiggy hates me. I doubt it, but it's possible. Don't hate me Jigs.

I feel a John Kerry blowout coming on. That is, assuming we let non-white Americans vote. It looks like the RNC strategy is to challenge as many minority voters as possible in an effort to depress turnout due to the ensuing long lines. Bastards. I kind of like the RNC implying that the DNC is trying to steal this election. I seem to remember something about Bush stealing an election four years ago. Granted, if it weren't for an incredibly incompetent Gore campaign, it never would have been close enough to steal. Kerry will win Florida, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, and Wisconsin. That's my guess.

They say that Ralph Nader and David Cobb may combine for 4% of the vote in Wisconsin. Are people here really that stupid? I know that Madison is a little iffy, but that would be retarded. I feel confident that the Wisconsin voters who effectively eliminated any Dean effect from this race will be smarter than that on the Day of the Dead.

Every once in a while, I say a little prayer of thanks for Wes Clark jumping in and being the attack dog to get rid of Howard Dean. Dean would have killed the party had he won. We certainly didn't need a faux liberal elitist from Vermont as our guy. I didn't then and I don't now see the appeal of Howard Dean. Nobody ever told me why they thought he was a good candidate. I still would have preferred John Edwards to Kerry, but I sort of still get him. That's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home