Monday, March 28, 2005

Campaign season is here

I got some campaign material today for the upcoming La Follette School Student Association elections. I have never been particularly active in student government and to a degree that's what this seems like to me. They plan things that are of more significance to the students in the school than would the student government at your typical University. What strikes me as odd is that it was material for four people running as a ticket. And, the Gulf War vet/Guy from the Russ Feingold ads isn't even running for president. I was pleased that some of what was in the email and attached document were ideas that I had discussed with Jiggy who then passed them back on to me and my classmates. That's always fun. I'm not sure what the purpose of running for student government as a party is when only about fifty people are voting. I suppose that's why I never agreed to run on the ticket. Now, if Brenda were to run on a ticket then I might have to get in on that Brend action. As it stands, I haven't been nominated, that I know of, and I don't plan on nominating myself. I'm dedicated to another year of standing on the sidelines.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger tortcaesar said...

Ha ha ha ... you'd best be careful what you wish for. You might just get yourself nominated for something! Alas, with law school looming for me next fall, I must sit this one out. I think this endeavor is best watched from a safe distance (and probably from behind plexiglass). Plus, who cares about LSSA anyway?

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Editor said...

A nomination would only count if I accepted it. But, I don't plan on being nominated save a cruel blogosphere joke. I don't see how running as a ticket can do anything other create some tension. The obvious answer to who cares is Jiggy cares. He also wants to be a partisan, so this thing is a step in that direction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home