Monday, May 23, 2005

Boring

Not going to school is getting really boring. I don't have a job right now and that's really boring too. I'm trying to get Carolyn Heinrich to use Underground Textbooks to make her course packets. If I am successful, the owner will buy Meredith and me some beer. Meredith works there and she seems to like it. I got an email from some lady recruiting me to apply for a summer job that would pay up to $2500 a month, so I think that I'll apply for that. The work doesn't sound interesting, but it sounds like something to do. I still haven't gotten my car registered in Wisconsin. I have until next Tuesday to get that done before my current Texas registration expires. I guess I could cheat and register my car in Texas again. What would be the point in that though? Whatever happens, I'll just have to register my car in another state in a year or so. That's the nomadic life of a graduate student and his spouse. Poor thing, she just seems to be forced to go where my whims lead me. I'm told that I will be in Orange, TX, in Septemeber for my Aunt Virginia and Uncle Sandy's 50th anniversary party. We'll see if Meredith can get the time off to go down there. I'll be in San Antonio on Friday. Any Austin people want to come down and visit me? I'm trying to get out of going to Hamilton Pool with my inlaws on Memorial Day. People who know me understand that I don't like crowds and that I don't like being stuck without an escape route. So, let me know. My sisters-in-law seem to think that Meredith and I are going to visit with the intent of being mean to them. What the hell kind of person travels across the country simply to be mean to somebody? I think that those two are more than a bit odd, but I like them just fine. I wouldn't dream of trying to make little Annie's graduation weekend anything more than magical. This is what I wasn't warned about before getting married. It's not the parents to worry about, it's the siblings. They can be possessive and incredibly sensitive. Those are the difficult ones. Never forget that, single people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home