Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Damn it

I'm just going to stop talking to Melanie Manion. Every time I talk to her, I get some sort of crappy news. The most recent is that the College of Letters and Sciences is no longer going to subsidize professional project assistantships. Basically this means that if somebody were to hire me, they would have to pay about $30,000 to get 15 hours of work a week for nine months. I don't see a lot of people willing to do that. I'm trying to get the Bursar's Office to deem me an in-state student because Meredith works full-time, but I'm not confident that this will work. I'm still going to interview with the sentencing commission. Hopefully an extremely low-budget government agency will value my quantitative skills that much. They really want someone with econometric skills and I'm the only applicant who has taken the econometrics class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home