Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Workin' man blues

Who I am I kidding, I'm no working man. In four and a half days I will be done with my two months working in the Office of Research Policy at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Graduate School. My primary task has been to review Outside Activities Reports and prepare educational materials for the Conflict of Interest Committee. It's been an interesting experience. There have been some slow parts, but mostly it's passed the time. After this job, I've got the pleasure of hosting Kevin C (I'm too lazy to link to his site right now) coming to visit for several days. I'm not sure how many days, but he's welcome for as many as he'd like. We did buy the air mattress specifically for him last summer. In September, school will begin. This is the last year of policy school. I'll be posting updates about my job search as the year goes by. If anybody in Atlanta wants to hire me, that'd be great. I'm disappointed that this isn't an election year. I'll get some primary action, but not much beyond that. Being in policy school during a presidential election is a truly interesting experience. It's as if all of the politics nerds are gathered into one place. Too bad we're such a monolithic group at La Follette. I think that experience has made me more conservative. I'm at least more staunchly moderate now. That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home