Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Apparently we have a problem with the gays up here

So while my friends and family in Texas are voting on a constitutional amendment to ban (gay) marriage today, I find out that Wisconsin is going to have a gay marriage/civil union ban on the ballot next November. I'm not going to live here then, but I'm kind of upset about this. There are very few things that I like about living here, but one is that the people seem to have a civil libertarian bent to them. I like that because I share that attitude. Maybe this proposition will fail, but I'm not so sure. Aside from central and southeastern Wisconsin, the state is trending in quite the conservative direction. It's interesting to watch as an outsider, but it's also disconcerting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home