Friday, November 11, 2005

Has Fox Lost its Touch?

In my brief tenure as a prime-time tv watcher, I have seen only one truly brilliant tv show. That is Arrested Development. Unfortunately, Fox has decided to cancel Arrested Development after this year. Another promising show, Kitchen Confidential, will also be canceled by Fox. I'm certainly not the target market for the networks, but AD seems like the type of show that needs some time to get its audience. It also seems like the audience will be loyal. Sports Night was this way. Maybe the fine folks at HBO will buy Arrested Development and then I would never have to watch a network again, other than on Saturdays for college football and March Madness.

2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Editor said...

I've been writing "analrapist" in my notes for weeks. Since I have a degree in psychology and will be a policy analyst, I'm thinking of having some cards made up.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AD is so good that I've been looking for all recent movies with Jason Bateman. did you see the one where Maeby made a crack about Opie and Ron Howard said in the narration that she better watch her mouth? I think that was my favorite tv moment ever. that show is brilliant and I really hope it goes to HBO. and that it actually goes through this time instead of falling apart! did you ever see another amazing show Fox yanked far too early called "Wonderfalls?" it's on DVD. netflix it. sooooo wonderful. sigh. talk to you later, EKG.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home