Thursday, January 26, 2006

the Stooges - Funhouse

This is the first time I've felt like I'm cheating in the record listening process. It's a good record and I've only had it for a month. It was a Christmas present from my loving wife. If anybody wants to recommend some records, please leave them in comments, especially the random people who find this blog.

I have an idea for the Sentencing Commission, but I'm not sure if I should talk to them about it. They're doing this project to look at the impact of sentences on recidivism and they're looking at robbery, armed and otherwise. The average sentence for even the lowest level robbers is 3 years in prison which means that they would have to wait at least 5 years after some arbitrary starting date to have decent data. They've got data from the beginning of 2004, so that means that they'd have to wait until 2009 to actually have any data to work with at which time the legislation authorizing the Sentencing Commission will have expired. Either they use the research design to convince the state to extend the legislation while at the same time finding a new grant, or they could use a crime category with a similar recidivism rate to robbery but with shorter sentences and actually have the ability to analyze somethig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home