Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ella Fitzgerald - Like Someone in Love

It's almost impossible to go wrong with an Ella Fitzgerald album. I'll probably listen to another tomorrow. We have several.

My group project is moving. I'm not sure in what direction, but it's moving. My professor offered to give my resume to anyone he might meet at a school funding meeting that he is going to tomorrow. That's good stuff.

My 48 hour project is to write a policy memo about increasing fuel efficiency standards on light trucks. My initial take is that raising CAFE standards is probably the second best option if the goal is to decrease fuel consumption. The first-best option is to raise the gas tax. That's regressive and politically unpopular, so CAFE standards may be the only reasonable approach.

My feet hurt. Maybe it's my new shoes.

According to an internet test, my dialect is decidedly southern. I have a very slight drawl that morphed into a full-on accent while we were in Arkansas last week. It was funny. Meredith tells me that I have more of an accent than I realize. I guess that's possible, but I don't think of myself as really having more than a very faint drawl.

Hook 'em.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Editor said...

If Texas can get past WVU, then that LSU match-up should be really entertaining. I'm not sure anyone would make a shot. Everything would get blocked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home