Sunday, April 16, 2006

It takes a real man...

To tuck tale and run back home when things aren't going so well. I am just such a man.

I had a ZiegenBock tonight and it just made me want to go back to where I belong even more. The thing I know I'll have a hard time with if we get back to Austin, by the grace of God, is that we won't have football tickets for at least the first year back. That could be torture, although there were some games that I just wanted to stay at home to watch. It's nice to relax at home and watch a football game. I'd really look forward to getting down to the House of Pies and the Underground world of Houston dwelling as well. I'd love to watch Reggie Bush in person if the Texans draft him.

Speaking of Reggie Bush, didn't he average 6.2 a carry against Texas in the Rose Bowl? Didn't our boys hold him to a mere 179 yards of total offense? We shut that kid down right? Remember when he took off on that sideline run/leap for the touchdown? That was amazing. That did will be a solid pro. If the Texans think that he'll make them a winner, then they absolutely have to draft him. That said, I've never been sold on David Carr. He always struck me as overrated, even as he was leading Fresno State to a pretty good record. I'd take Vince Young in the draft though. I remember saying that I could imagine another guy like Vince Young coming along, but now I have to say that I can't. He can dominate a game like no football player I've ever seen, although Matt Jones in college had some magical games. Derrick Thomas at KC, LT in NY, Jerry Rice, and Elway; none of them could take over a game quite like VY.

4 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

House of Pies is great, but there's somewhere better. The Flying Saucer Pie company in the Heights. So delicious, so homemade, so awesome.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Editor said...

My association with the name "the Flying Saucer" is a bar with a lot of beer and waitresses with not enough clothing.

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is true, there's a Flying Saucer pub downtown. The pie company is unaffiliated, though an association would make for a whole new realm of possibilities in the worlds of brewing and pie.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Editor said...

Next to naked women serving pie, now there's a winning idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home