Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Homeless

I'm now in Northwest Arkansas, in between homes. I've driven the moving van for 12 hours and I don't want to do it anymore. I will press on.

I will see my God-parents on Saturday. I'm very excited about that. I have visions of moving in with only two 60-year olds, two 70-year olds, and a 9 months pregnant woman for help. Please, can we make this happen. Virginia and Sandy will be in San Antonio on Friday, serving as surrogate grandparents (a trend that I started) for my cousin who is graduating from some sort of medical technician training program. I'm not sure what the specifics are of the program, but she's had a hard time and this is a big deal for her.

On Sunday, my aunt, uncle, cousins and their kids, will meet my parents, Mrs. LaBlog and myself at the County Line for a Battle Royale style family barbecue dinner.

Monday will be a trip to Luling for still more barbecue.

Tuesday is a national holiday as well as sausage day at Ruby's.

Wednesday is Mrs. LaBlog's birthday. I anticipate more barbecue.

I want to thank the kind people of Madison for the past two years. There are some people up there who I've really enjoyed knowing and with whom I hope to keep in touch.

I am in the midst of the first real job search of my life. Yes, I am 27. Yes, I took a three year break between undergrad and grad school. Yes, I would love to never have a real job. Yes, I still remember how to make the entire menu at Thundercloud.

2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Administrator said...

Friday is mole day. Just sayin'.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop teasing. wish I could have an entire week of barbeque and mole and a triumphant return to Austin. just think of the pregnant woman as management. and unload a place for her to sit down first. and maybe a liveried servant to bring her iced tea? just a thought... good luck with the move! and early happy birthday to the missus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home