Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Something Exciting Tomorrow

Tomorrow night, Mrs. LaBlog and I will be going to the Erwin Center to watch Texas play Arkansas. In just about any sport there wouldn't be any conflict for me between these two schools. I grew up in Fayetteville, but I graduated from the University of Texas. In football, I couldn't cheer for Arkansas against Texas. Frankly, I would hope for a 50 point blowout. In basketball it's a little different. I love Ron Huery. I think Todd Day and Lee Mayberry are awesome. I loved watching Lee Wilson in pick-up games at the HPER building. I went to every game at the Walton Center the year that Arkansas won the National Championship. Cory Beck, Clint McDaniel, Dwight Stewart, Scotty Thurman, and Corliss Williamson, were an unbelievable team who nearly won back to back championships, beating Duke and then losing to UCLA the following year. I've never seen a Texas game. I'm more familiar with the current team than I am with the Arkansas team, but that's not saying much. I'm going in with the intention of cheering for Texas, but I have no idea what will happen once I'm there and the game is going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home