Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I fear my telephone

I'm terrified that my phone will ring because I'm expecting a call. I'll know by Friday. I hate waiting for things.

Stranger than Fiction is actually pretty good. It freaked me out a little, but that's to be expected. The cast was good, particularly Emma Thompson, and the story was interesting. It got slow and I didn't always go along to the world the movie was creating, but it didn't bother me so much. The music is perfect. Maybe I feel that way because Britt Daniel did the music and almost all of the songs were Spoon songs, plus a new song for the credits (awesome). So, if you like slightly goofy auditors who want to play the guitar and who fall in love with somewhat quirky but primarily normal woman, then you would like this movie. Let's be honest, who doesn't love that kind of person.

I'm going to see Vince Young this weekend. I mean I'm going to see my good friend and his family this weekend. Wait, I'm doing both.

Texas is playing in the Alamo Bowl. Against Iowa. If Iowa loses they will have a losing season at 6-7. If Texas wins they will be the first team to win ten or more games in six consecutive seasons (this may be a lie, but I don't think it is).

The Dandelion Cafe on the eastside of Austin is a pretty nice little place. They need a garden in the back, however.

I think Michigan is better than Florida. I don't know if that's true though. They didn't play this year. They won't play this year. That's how it works sometimes. I hope Ohio State kills Florida. I hate Ohio State, but I think I may hate Urban Meyer more. He's a whinier, less skilled version of Spurrier. Urban is in Tommy Tubberville's league as far as obnoxious whiners go and that is incredibly hard to do. I have to remind myself that Mark Richt is an SEC coach whenever I start to think that being an ass is a requirement for coaching in that league (I don't consider Vanderbilt to actually be in that league, so all Vandy coaches are exempt from this sweeping generalization).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home