Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More Progress

I went to Progress Coffee today, but that's not what this post is about. I'll find out tomorrow if the DC folks want to have me in for an interview. I have a message from the director of the department here in Austin, so I'll call her back tomorrow as well. It's a weird situation for me. I have the opportunity for a decent job with reasonable money here in Austin, which makes buying a home or getting a new car much more likely, but I may also have a shot at a good job with probably less reasonable money over a thousand miles away and I'm torn. I felt good about the Austin place. I liked the people who interviewed me and the office seemed reasonably mellow. My trusted advisor tells me that I should try to buy as much time as possible from the Austin people so that I don't end up with any regrets from not pursuing the DC job. Hopefully the dillemna will get less abstract soon. You know, an interview early next week and then they make a decision by next Friday. From the 30th of May to the 8th of June seems like a reasonable amount of time for the Austin people to wait. Sure, it may turn out to require more days, but I'll deal with that when and if it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home