Friday, March 03, 2006

Crowded House - s/t

This is the first record that I bought for myself. It's 20 years old now. It stands up. I think Neil Finn has had a pretty good solo career since Crowded House became no more. I highly recommend this album.

I'm drinking Bass and staring at the section of my paper that I'm not working on. It is, of course, the only section on which I am supposed to be working.

I was almost hit by cars on three separate occassions within a span of about 5 minutes. I had the right-of-way each time. The first was a idiot in an old SUV who turned left at a point in time when he had no business turning left. He started his full-speed turn as I was entering the intersection as was the SUV next to me. Later, I was turning left into a parking lot to pick up Meredith and this car started backing out of the first spot by the entry while I was in mid-turn. They didn't stop despite me clearly being there before they actually started backing up. The pedestrians prevented me from getting out of the way. Later still, I was turning right onto University and this girl in an SUV was turning left onto University. I clearly have the right-of-way and I start first, but she uses her cars size and turns into the lane furthest from her, or the one that I am in the process of turning into, thus forcing me almost into the sidewalk. What is it with drivers here. I've heard from others that Madison has a reputation for particularly bad drivers, but this is insane. Austin has a similar reputation, but I've never had three near misses in such a short span there. I did get hit twice there though.

I love this Crowded House.

This is my favorite time of the school year. It's the time when I am quite ready to be done and quite unwilling to continue being in school. It was about one year ago when I decided that I didn't want to be in policy school. Now I'm trying to sell my wife on opening a restaurant. It all makes great sense. School sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home