Sunday, March 05, 2006

Movies

17. The Great Escape - It's Steve McQueen week at Team Riggs' Wisconsin Headquarters. I know that I should have seen this movie in it's entirety at some point in my life, but I hadn't. I want to see a Paul Newman/ Steve McQueen movie just because I think that they were the same person only one of them was handsome and the other rode motorcycles. But yeah, the Great Escape is a good movie and people should watch it. It's essentially a true story. I think the lesson that Nazis are fuckers comes through pretty well.

An aside: Some people seem to think that the Acacemy Awards are as important as sporting events. Those people are wrong. I think people in this country are caught in this epic struggle between those who significantly undervalue the importance of sport and those that overvalue the importance in sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home