Sunday, May 14, 2006

Where's the climax

I graduated from graduate school yesterday. The ceremony was surprisingly nice. The speakers were surprisingly good. It went surprisingly quickly. My nephew was surprisingly loud.

It really was a decent ceremony as far as graduation go. The facutly speaker used a handful of our statements of purpose from our applications in her speech. For me, it was reassuring to hear my own words about why it is I want to go into public service. I have been frustrated with my course of study at times, but my purpose from December of 2003 is still my purpose in May of 2006. That's something that I need to keep in mind.

I didn't get to go to the graduation reception yesterday. I got word that my family had to leave early on Sunday, so I made the decision to spend time with the little kids instead. I don't think that they could have handled the champagne reception. We went to Tex Tubb's Taco Palace and had Tex-Mex and Lone Star. It was nice. I didn't make it out last night either. After watching the Spurs get robbed I didn't have the energy to do anything. Seriously, Dirk sprains his ankle and stumbles into Tim Duncan so they call a foul on Duncan which fouls him out with a minute left. This follows Duncan get a foul for standing straight up and having Dirk jump backwards into him. There were similar calls against Bowen and Manu that were clearly bad calls. I'm saying this as a fan who gets pissed off when other fans blame losses on the refs, but bad calls clearly pub the Mavs in a position to win the game. I still think Spurs in 7 and then the Clippers or Suns will be lucky to get a tired Spurs team and will take the Spurs to 7 games, but the Spurs and the Pistons will play for the Championship again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home