Thursday, September 14, 2006

College Football is crazy

I watched West Virginia do their normal early lead followed by a serious let-down tonight. They ended up winning by 21 points, but they were up 28-0 at the end of the first quarter. They didn't let Maryland back in the game by playing conservatively, they let them back in the game by losing focus and committing stupid penalties. I still think that Louisville, even without Bush, will win the Big East. However, Steve Slaton is incredible.

I wonder what will come of the newest stories about Reggie Bush receiving illegal benefits. His agent admits to giving the Bush family large sums of money, although he said that they were loans. That's a big no-no in NCAA land. Southern Cal, and yes I've heard that they hate to be called this, may be about to get some more unwanted attention. I hope none of their players cry about this.

ESPN had a question of the day that was,"What is the best college football team this year?" and the options were Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, Auburn, and West Virginia. There are currently 22 undefeated teams in the Associated Press Top 25. Sixth-ranked LSU plays fourth-ranked Auburn on Saturday. I don't understand the need to try and figure this crap out three weeks into the season. It's a twelve game regular season and three conferences have a championship game. We've got time to figure out who the best is.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Administrator said...

I really hope Matt Leinart says something like, "Even though these benefits were clearly against NCAA rules, I still think USC didn't do anything wrong." Maybe he'll say something similarly asinine after every letdown in his life. His consternation gives me more joy than I should probably admit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home