Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Oops

This is my horribly neglected blog. It's not even neglected because I've been busy. It's neglected because I've been lazy.

I had a birthday last week. I'm now 28. Relative to my other ages, that's very old.

I'm considering writing an analysis of the costs to society of tax exemptions for non-profits, specifically property tax losses from churches. I live next to a mid-city monster and it drives me crazy.

I saw two of my favorite people today and sent them both on their way. One is back in Houston and the other is in Los Angeles.

Ann Richards died of cancer at the age of 73. Like her or not, that's a big loss. Texas needs more people like her. I expect to see Strayhorn try and channel Richards' persona in the near future. I doubt it will work for her.

I still want a job although I'm considering using the lottery as an alternate income generating strategy.

Texas lost to Ohio State. They didn't look nearly as bad as some have implied. They were outplayed by a better team. Texas will be very good this year.

My brain is freaking out. I think it's due to this giant cookie cake that Mrs. LaBlog got for me.

Apparently Mrs. LaBlog's brief tenure as a substitute teacher is over. It's a shame.

I will have a post about the value of local business soon.

My Cost-Benefit Analysis professor, David Weimer, received a $120,000 MacArthur grant.

Update: I edited for spelling per Nick's comment.

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The White Hot Momma of Texas politics did not have an "e" at the end of her name. Otherwise, that was very well-put.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home