Sunday, February 05, 2006

Pavement - Stray Slack

Today isn't working very well. It's not a bad day, I just can't seem to finish things that I need to get done. I was supposed to do some macro homework with a friend, but that didn't work out. It hurts my heart. I'm trying to apply for jobs. The State of Texas Application for Employment is kind of boring. I have to fill one out for each job that I choose to apply for. I'm trying to fill out the generic portion so that I can use the old Xerox machine. Meredith's practicing her singing. I hear she's about to start washing dishes. We have a fair amount of dirty dishes. She has a work party this afternoon. It's at a bar downtown during the Super Bowl. Her boss is a huge Steelers fan. This is like the last work party that was actually his wife's birthday party. He's a nice guy, but I think he could be less efficient in his party planning. If you want to have a Super Bowl party, have a Super Bowl party. If you want a work party, have a work party. I don't know if I'm going because I have a ton of work to do. I don't like having work to do, but at least I wouldn't have to feel guilty about ignoring Meredith while I work if she's at a party with friends. Who knows? Did I mention that there is a job at the Legislative Budget Board as an Analyst that I really want. I want them to hire me.

2 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Administrator said...

I don't think I know anyone at the LBB, but I'll see if I know someone who knows someone there. That would be good. I would like for you to get a job you want. I got a job in Houston, but I'm still holding out for the one in Austin. We'll see.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Editor said...

Houston? That's not Austin. I would have to drive over 2 hours to visit you. Who travels that far just to see a friend? Oh, wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home